test

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Snooki Fan Art

Final Snooki Fan Art

Yesterday i thought it was Thursday. I don't know why. Maybe i was missing me some Jersey Shore. I don't have MTV so I usually end up watching it on mtv.ca.  I never watched the show up until I moved back to Toronto. Then it seemed that Hell's Kitchen was done and I needed something else to play in the background while I was working on my computer in the late evenings. Something mind numbing, something hilarious. That something was Jersey Shore. And what would that show be without Snooki. Probably less meatball-like and less fun.
For all those who hate the show, that's cool, but for a time to do a portrait or caricature nothing can be better than an over tanned jersey girl. Such a character. Really in the long run Characters are what make stories interesting. These are the types of elements that i always want to be aware of. This sketch took about 45 mins. I would consider that fast because I don't draw celebrities or anyone who must have a resemblance. Also i am staying in black and white for now so i can concentrate on my values, however i can add tones to this anytime.
Work In Progress- Reference Image and my photoshop image side by side for reference. I do not trace- i am looking for shapes and elements that are her face and trying to bring them out        

No comments:

Post a Comment